Wednesday, May 19, 2021 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
The number of new listings on the market is still down 6% compared to last month and 11% from this time last year. There are 13% fewer listings from this time two years ago. Houses are staying on the market almost 2 whole weeks less than this time last year and is half of what it was two years ago! Interest rates are still around 3%.
Here are some quick statistics for Osceola, Polk, and Orange counties.
This is comparing April 2020 to April 2021. The number of houses sold did increase 44% from the prior year! Because of the high interest in buying and a lack of houses for sale to support the demand of buyers, the average price of houses has increased again from this time last year by 26%. Supporting proof for this demand is the fact that the average days on the market continues to be TWO WEEKS from this time last year!!! Houses sold in April 2021 on average sold at or above list price. Even though demand is high and therefore prices are increasing, it is still super ...
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
(Click Image for Video Blog)
We are so happy that we moved to Florida. Here are some reasons we like Florida so much and what attracted us to Orlando.
1) Warm Weather - The hot summers don't bother us and out way the cold, snowy weather we get to skip. Being able to wear flip flops and shorts almost year-round is wonderful!
2) Things to Do - Living in the Orlando area, there are so many things to do. We have nature trails all around, lakes to boat on. Although central Florida is pretty flat, if we want to feel of hills, just go to Groveland and drive around. Orlando is of course full of tourist attractions. There is Disney, Universal Studios, Legoland, Sea World, Busch Gardens. That alone would take you days to visit. Because of all the tourists Orlando area is full of other things to do too... Things like escape rooms, museums, smaller amusement parks, go kart places, and so much more. Many of these offer discounts to Florida r ...
Wednesday, March 24, 2021 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
(Click for Video)
So you have moved to a new neighborhood. How do you meet your neighbors. Here are 6 tips to make that happen.
1) Walk your neighborhood. Do it regularly and get to know other people that are also walking, doing outside housework, or anything else outside. If they seem nice enough introduce yourself.
2) Take your neighbors something. Don't wait for your new neighbors to introduce themselves. You bake cookies (or something else) and you introduce yourself to them. This is a great way to meet your immediate neighbors.
3) Go to the bus stop. If you have smaller kids in school, go to the bus stop and meet the other parents that are also at the bus stop. This is a great way to get to know people.
4) Join the HOA. If your neighborhood has a homeowner's association, go to the meetings and meet your neighbors.
5) Join (or Start) a Facebook Group. Get to know your neighbors online by joining your local Facebook group. If you don't have one, star ...
Friday, March 19, 2021 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
Here in the Orlando area, we have an inventory shortage happening. There are fewer houses for sale and the ones that are for sale are coming on and off the market fast! And if they are of any value at all, they are getting multiple offers, often the first day. (If they are priced anywhere close to market... there are still some crazy high priced houses out there!) This environment is making people that want to sell their current home and purchase a new home worried about how to pull that off. Especially when houses to buy are on and off the market so quickly with multiple offers. In an effort to help ease the worry of how to successfully buy and sell a home at the same time, we have come up with 15 different strategies that can be used to help make both happen at the same time. There are pros and cons to each of these strategies. I'll try to identify them here. Our goal is to educate and help you come up with the best strategy. Please lean on our knowledge if upgrading, downsizing ...
Tuesday, February 16, 2021 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
(Click Image Above for Video Version of This Message)
I have had a TON of experience moving. I have personally lived in almost 20 different houses during my life and have done 7 larger state-to-state moves. I think I know a little bit about how to move, what to do and what not to do. Here are 8 tips on how to successfully move to a new area, especially when you are limited on how much you can travel there!
1) Use this website to help you identify what areas are safe and what areas are not. When I was moving I used this website to compare the crime levels of where I was living to where I was thinking of moving. This helped me have something to compare it to. I knew the threshold of what I would tolerate and what I wouldn't. It was because of this website that I was able to narrow down my choices of where we ultimately decided to live.
2) Spend as much ti; ...