Wednesday, April 28, 2021 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
So you have some money you want to invest in your home to add equity or just to change things up. Here are some ideas of things to do based on your budget:
- Paint a Room
- Replace a sink faucet
- Add crown molding to kitchen cabinets or to a room
- Change the knobs on cabinets
- Replace the blinds in a room or add window treatments
- Add decorative wood trim to make a feature wall
- Add a tile backsplash to the kitchen
- Replace an overhead light
- Install some modern technology like a Ring doorbell or Nest thermostat
- Replace contractor grade bathroom mirrors
- Replace the front door
- Replace one or two kitchen appliances (For about $2,000-3,000 you can replace all of the appliances. TIP: shop on Black Friday there are usually awesome deals to be had)
- Update the landscaping outside
- Change the Kitchen Countertops to a Solid Surface
- Remodel a bathroom ...
Friday, March 19, 2021 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
Here in the Orlando area, we have an inventory shortage happening. There are fewer houses for sale and the ones that are for sale are coming on and off the market fast! And if they are of any value at all, they are getting multiple offers, often the first day. (If they are priced anywhere close to market... there are still some crazy high priced houses out there!) This environment is making people that want to sell their current home and purchase a new home worried about how to pull that off. Especially when houses to buy are on and off the market so quickly with multiple offers. In an effort to help ease the worry of how to successfully buy and sell a home at the same time, we have come up with 15 different strategies that can be used to help make both happen at the same time. There are pros and cons to each of these strategies. I'll try to identify them here. Our goal is to educate and help you come up with the best strategy. Please lean on our knowledge if upgrading, downsizing ...
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
As I have mentioned in the past couple of blogs, when selling your home it is helpful to make it look like a model home. But what about if you aren't going to sell, can you still make it look like a model home? Why not!?! Here are some pictures taken of model homes.
Let's talk about what they do to make them look so appealing.
1) Minimal things in the house. It is uncluttered. I know this isn't always easy to do and live with, but model homes always look nice because there is so little in them. What can you do to eliminate clutter?
2) Everything has a home. Maybe not so much in a model home because no one lives there, but in a lived in home, one thing that has to happen to make it look clean and as close to a model home as possible, is to have a home for everything. Everything goes in a closet, bin, drawer, etc. Things that are used are organized and hidden leaving countertops, tables, desktops, etc empty.
3) Use Color. Model homes are n ...