Wednesday, April 28, 2021 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
So you have some money you want to invest in your home to add equity or just to change things up. Here are some ideas of things to do based on your budget:
- Paint a Room
- Replace a sink faucet
- Add crown molding to kitchen cabinets or to a room
- Change the knobs on cabinets
- Replace the blinds in a room or add window treatments
- Add decorative wood trim to make a feature wall
- Add a tile backsplash to the kitchen
- Replace an overhead light
- Install some modern technology like a Ring doorbell or Nest thermostat
- Replace contractor grade bathroom mirrors
- Replace the front door
- Replace one or two kitchen appliances (For about $2,000-3,000 you can replace all of the appliances. TIP: shop on Black Friday there are usually awesome deals to be had)
- Update the landscaping outside
- Change the Kitchen Countertops to a Solid Surface
- Remodel a bathroom ...
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 / by Peter + Traci Prantner
As I have mentioned in the past couple of blogs, when selling your home it is helpful to make it look like a model home. But what about if you aren't going to sell, can you still make it look like a model home? Why not!?! Here are some pictures taken of model homes.
Let's talk about what they do to make them look so appealing.
1) Minimal things in the house. It is uncluttered. I know this isn't always easy to do and live with, but model homes always look nice because there is so little in them. What can you do to eliminate clutter?
2) Everything has a home. Maybe not so much in a model home because no one lives there, but in a lived in home, one thing that has to happen to make it look clean and as close to a model home as possible, is to have a home for everything. Everything goes in a closet, bin, drawer, etc. Things that are used are organized and hidden leaving countertops, tables, desktops, etc empty.
3) Use Color. Model homes are n ...